Gleniss, 76, farmer's wife
Gleniss presented with one of the highest lead recordings at my clinic.
- Rheumatoid arthritis and in constant pain
- Elevated cholesterol - did not want to take statin medication
- Poor kidney function
- Unable to lose weight despite significant exercise and diet modifications
- Blood sugar readings too high despite dietary changes
What I found
- Questioning revealed a history of paint stripping/renovating (lead paint) and recent flooding caused the peeling of leaded paint and movement of soil/dust that may have been contaminated with lead.
- History of cotton farming - an industry that uses a great deal of chemicals.
- Oral chelation revealed one the highest lead recordings at my clinic.
- Lead is stored in bones and kidney and has been strongly associated with elevated blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
- Completely revamped diet: removed almost all carbohydrate and increased fats and proteins
- Introduced specific foods, fibre, vegetables and tea to help with pesticide excretion
- Trying hard to have Gleniss exercise and sweat to help with toxin removal